Friday, June 27, 2008

Remind yourself...

Despite my amazing good fortune in California (amazing internship, wonderful new friends, getting to spend time with my hero, vibrant new city), I have been stuck in an engulfing black hole. I have been back and forth on law school so many times to the point that last night I had a literal breakdown. As is always true with these black hole breaking points, after emerging from the fog, I felt thankful just to be living the life I am, no matter what my future may be. I have so, so much, and have enjoyed amazing experiences, and everything, in the end, will work out as it is supposed to. Hopefully law school will get me to where I want to be as a journalist, and provide me financial stability and the ability to be as good to my parents as they have been to me. Nothing is perfect, but sometimes we have to be grateful for things, occasionally, being good.

When I get down and feeling sorry for myself, I think of these awesome women who got up and DID something about it. Retaining the ability to be inspired is half the battle, and these people inspire me.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm, that article made me feel less alone. For me, the Christmas longing crashes in every April and August. Unfailingly. Yours is in July, but it's okay...I know my longing is due to my impossibly nostalgic and contradictory nature of always wanting what I can't have at the most innapropriate time.
The turtle dove scene is my fave. I Actually downloaded the movie in China in the sole purpose of watching that scene. (That was during the April Christmas longing)

Have a wonderful summer and internship and everything else, too...

Alice

Alice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alice said...

Hm, sorry. I'm not sure why the comment ended up on this post, it's completely irrelevant. *sigh*